Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why Moths?

I have a love/ hate relationship with moths,
I think they are amazingly beautiful and fascinating creatures, from their elaborate sets of fake eyes to their exquisite patterns and delicate furry bodies, but they also really scare me!
I'm talking screaming, squealing, arm flapping madness sort of scary.
I don't know why? I love snakes, spiders and pretty much every other creepy crawly, but just not moths.
I have come to terms with the fact that there is absolutely no rational answer to why they freak me out, especially as I know they are the most harmless, unobtrusive sort of creatures, but they do.
 These ones, the Hercules Moth -(Coscinocera hercules) particularly freak me out and I would much rather draw one of these amazing creatures than have one land on my head. Luckily or more realistically, unluckily for me, I don't live anywhere near the amazing Daintree Rainforrest so I don't think there is much chance of it happening anyhow.

This beautiful lady should be available as a limited edition print soon.


Some WIP pics





No comments:

Post a Comment