Friday, July 13, 2012

WIP Diamond Python

These are a couple of progress shots of a work I recently finished, this work has become one of my favorite pieces, not because its my best or most brilliant, but becuase of the Diamond Python.
I have had a lifelong love and fascination of snakes which started as a child and is because of my Dad.
We grew up on a property on the South Coast surrounded by bushland and National Parks, so our house was a regular drop in centre for all things furry, feathered and scaly.
Whenever we found a snake lurking amongst the foliage in the garden or yard, Dad would come, casually pick it up by the tail and release them down by the creek on our property.
When it was a python there was always excitement and the opportunity to have a hold, and most of the time it was Diamond Pythons.
Diamonds are the most beautiful looking snakes and also have the most gentle nature, rarely were any aggressive, we even had them living in my bedroom roof for a while and on one very hot summer night my sister was woken by the biggest Diamond we have ever seen who had crawled in her window and become a bed buddy.
So this Drawing has become my Dads, as he was the one who inspired it.






No comments:

Post a Comment